East Liverpool Review
Jan 20, 2006
Rev. M. Rudolph Miller, 101
TAMPA, Fla. - Rev. M. Rudolph Miller, former minister at Trinity Presbyterian Church in East Liverpool, died Thursday, Jan. 19, 2006, at the medical center of John Knox Village in Tampa.
Born Jan. 31, 1904 in Lemoyne, Pa. to Jerome Rudolph Miller and Gertrude Fannie Moore, he died just 12 days short of his 102 birthday.
A celebration of life will be held at the John Knox Village Chapel at a time to be announced.
Rev. Miller was pastor of Trinity Presbyterian Church from April 1939 until January 1968 with a 46 month break for service as a Chaplain in the U. S. Army during World War II where he participated in the historic landing at the Normandy beaches. During his tenure as Trinity’s minister, the church built a new structure and moved from 4th street downtown to its present Maine Blvd. Location. Rev. Miller was predeceased by his wife of 72 years, Miriam Miller and his oldest son, Michael Miller. His surviving son, Stephen and his wife, the former Ruth Ann Wellington, both of East Liverpool are living in Tampa. Rev. Miller is also survived by four grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
Rev. Miller graduated from Yale University in 1926 and Western Theological now the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary. He initially came to East Liverpool area as pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Newell, W. Va. In 1931. While living in East Liverpool he served as president of the Carnegie Public Library Board of Trustees, a member of the board of directors of the YMCA and Red Cross, as director of the East Liverpool Child Counseling Center and the Retarded Children’s Group, as director of the Civic Music Association, a trustee of the Osteopathic Hospital and Kiwanis Club. He also served as Moderator of Wheeling Kittanning and Steubenville Presbyteries. He served 28 years in the U. S. Army guard and reserves on both active and reserve duty retiring with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. The family requests that memorials take the form of donations to the Trinity Presbyterian Church, East Liverpool, Ohio music fund.
Contributed by Bonnie Baker Ryan