Weirton Steel Official Dies of Auto Fumes
ROBERT THOMAS LUCAS
Wed., Aug. 13, 1958
WEIRTON—Robert Thomas Lucas, 53, superintendent in the electrical department of the Weirton Steel Co., died early today of carbon monoxide fumes from his car at his home. He had been ill several weeks.
He was born July 9, 1905, in Steubenville, a son of the late Thomas and Elizabeth Thomason Lucas, and resided in Weirton for 23 years.
A graduate of Cornell University, he was a member of the Cove Presbyterian Church, Northern Panhandle Shrine Club, Belmont Shrine Club, New Cumberland Masonic Lodge 22, Hancock County Masonic Chapter 14, Weirton Commandery 30, Osiris Temple, Royal of Jesters, Wheeling Court 12, Elks Lodge 1801, Weirton Hospital Co., Weirton Community Center, Williams Country Club of Weirton and the West Virginia Society of Professional Engineers.
Surviors include his widow, mrs. Betty Rogers Lucas; a daughter, Beth Lucas, and a son Robert Lucas, all at home. Service arrangements by the Steel & Wolfe Funeral Home are incomplete.